How can I have an image as the background of my forum?
As an example I've set one of my forums to have an image as a background:
click here (link opens in a new window).
Adding a background image to PhpBB is quite easy. All you have to do is...
1) Connect to your server via FTP and go to your forum directory > styles > choose the theme you're using > theme
There you should find a file named stylesheet.css
2) Open stylesheet.css in an HTML or full text editor and look where it says
there you will see
or similar (color ID will most probably different)
3) Replace that line with the following:
background: #DCD4EF url(http://yourdomain.com/yourpicture.jpg) no-repeat center center;
Replacing #DCD4EF with the color ID you found in your stylesheet.css
and replacing http://yourdomain.com/yourpicture.jpg with the URL to the picture you want to use as a background for your forum.
The photo will resize to adapt to the screen, or more precisely to the size of the browser window. Resizing the browser window the image will resize accordingly.
4) Save the changes to the file and upload it to your server.
5) That's it.
If the changes don't display when looking at the forum try the following steps:
1) Login to your administration control panel and choose to Purge the cache
2) Empty your browser's cache
3) Try visiting your forum from a different browser
If the changes still don't appear then you may have edited the stylesheet.css of a different theme than the one you're using.